Abby Cooper lives in Minnesota with her husband, son, and miniature poodle. A former teacher and school librarian, her favorite things in the world (besides writing) are getting and giving book recommendations and sharing her love of reading with others. In her spare time, Abby likes eating cupcakes, doing puzzles, and watching bad reality TV.
Five Fun Facts About Abby
- I can make this strange/awesome humming sound out of my nose. Once I made a video for a weird talents contest and it ended up on People Magazine’s website!
- The Scripps National Spelling Bee is my favorite event ever. I look forward to it all year – seriously, it’s like my Super Bowl – and celebrate by throwing a party with letter-themed snacks.
- I call my dog, Louis, my writing assistant, but it’s really true! He has many important responsibilities, including sniffing my books (to make sure they smell okay), as well as taking naps on them (to make sure the covers are comfy). I couldn’t do this job without him.
- My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. So much good food. And since both my son and I were born right around Thanksgiving, there’s turkey-shaped cake, too! (It’s not made of actual turkey, though. Mostly just frosting. YUM.)
- I love wearing book-related t-shirts, dresses, headbands – anything, really. My favorite shirt slogans are let kids read what they want to read; read books, drink coffee, fight evil; and my weekend is all booked.